Strict ticketing guidelines are in place for Christmas at Luther. Through 2012, all ticket orders for Christmas at Luther were placed via 30,000+ paper forms and fulfilled manually by box office staff. A random draw process was then used to allocate tickets on several “on-sale” dates.
- Performers’ parents – may purchase up to four tickets
- Performers’ parents, if divorced – each parent may purchase two tickets
- Performers’ parents, if student has siblings – may purchase up to eight tickets
- Students – one free ticket
- Faculty / staff (non-parent of performer) – two free tickets
- Faculty / staff (parent of performer) – may purchase up to two tickets
- Alumni / parents of non-performing students – may purchase up to four tickets
Luther College selected AudienceView as its technology partner to increase box office efficiency and meet the unique requirements of its Christmas at Luther performances.
Using core features of the AudienceView solution, Luther is now able to ensure that each guest’s allotment for Christmas at Luther is automated and fair based on the strict ticketing guidelines.
Beginning with its 2013 program, Luther College has completely eliminated the paper order form. All sales can now be completed in real time online, at the box office or over the phone.
At a Glance
- 91,562 tickets sold online in the first hour, representing 84% of sales.
- Manually filled-out orders decreased by 1,715.